Guwahati Management Association(GMA) was established in 1970 and has a glorious past of nearly several decades propagating scientific management in the North East under the roof of All India management association (AIMA)- the apex management body of the country and now spreading its arms abroad to many countries . Until recently amidst all changes in the country .GMA during last several decades, was only one regional body in the North east (Except Silchar Management Association last year) that’s helping regional Managers to make the most of new opportunities. One body that has been assimilating the changed global perspective and equipping the regional managers for it. One body ready for tomorrow.
Registration No: RS/KAM(M)/240/A-21/12 of 2010-2011
Registered Office :
The Registered Office of the Society is situated in a 267, Rajgarh Main Road , Borbora Complex , Chandmari, Guwahati-781003
The Association shall be a public charitable , literary and scientific society having for its objects, inter alia :
- To promote and develop education in scientific management.
- To promote amongst members exchange of knowledge experience and ideas on sound management principles and practices.
- To make available benefits of its activities and facilities to the public at large without any distinction.
- To promote education in theory and practice of management and related subjects through meetings , discussion , lectures , research projects, seminars, conferences , programmes of studies , dissemination and exchange of information , experience and ideas , libraries , publication of booklets , abstracts , journals and periodicals. Also to publish books and conduct classes for AIMA Diplomas in Management in consultation with AIMA Council.
- To maintain for the benefit of the members of the Association liaison with organizations interested in management such as trade associations, chambers of commerce and other management association in the State, and other organizations engaged in Human Resource Development.
- To collaborate and cooperate with local chapters of other professional bodies and with educational and research institutions having similar objects.
To undertake this object agenda as our goal, we routinely carry out in gist activities as under
- GMA is working under the umbrella of AIMA – All India Management Association, the only management body of the country and now spreading its arms abroad to many countries of the worlds.
- A lecture session every month on a relevant topic by distinguished specialist for keeping the members aware of recent information.
- Visit to different industries to study their problems and help them solve their problems.
- Management Development Programme – once in every two / three months to keep abreast in changing trends of management development strategy with local touch.
- Annual Awards instituted for professional excellence / contribution to society for managers , Corporate leaders to harness their potentials and become leaders as role model.
- Reaching out programme beyond city jurisdiction.
- Innovation and improvement in events over previous years.
- Development of Additional Local Management Association within the region to reach far-flung areas.
- Publication including Audiovisuals.
- Innovative use of Local Media.
- Management Assistance to all Local Corporates .
- Monitoring Regional Management Institute / Organisation imparting management Education and encourage them to ensure taking advantage of “AIMA” ratings.
- Industry and allied area, like tourism agriculture etc.
- Publication of GMA-NEWS periodically.
- Organize “Management Quiz Competition “within the region to elevate the information base of the managers
- Holding Seminar / Workshop on issues whenever there is a gap in awareness in major information / technological or scientific problem
- CO-branding with AIMA and close linkage in various issues including global trend .
- Bringing professional, corporate, institutes and other organization of the region contributing to the economic development under one roof.